27 dresses ♡

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Hello, lovelies... how have you guys been while I'm not around here for about 2 months? Great? Good? Well, I was soooo busy with weddings. But nope, not mine yet! haha ˃̵ᴗ˂̵

Had too many wedding invitations from my cousins and childhood friends that made me feel like I've worn too many dresses for weddings and has it been 27 dresses yet? Like in the movie? Lol, not as a bridesmaid though.

So yeah, as the title suggested... it's about the dresses I've worn for this year's weddings. Are you ready for it *insert Taylor's voice* or are you totally ready? (ෆ˙ᵕ˙ෆ)♡ 

Mind that all of these dresses were, of course, made by yours truly... your fashion designer gurl; me ✿ do tell me which one caught your eyes later, alright?

-

Lemme present to you, not 27 dresses, but only 7 dresses haha. Actually, there should be 8 of them but some things happened and I lost the chance to wear one. (╥﹏╥) hmm, I might add some sneaks for it or I might not. Let's read till the end to see if I do? (I also haven't decided to attach it here or not by the time this exact sentence is typed.)

-

UN.1.HANA.SATU

This dress was actually done in 2019 but I didn't wear it that time except that I lent it to my sister to wear. The funny thing is, it was donned by us for the same family's weddings but they didn't notice it (phew, luckily though it's in my favour they didn't haha). Perhaps because different people wear it and in different stylings, too? And both times, are definitely styled by me, your fashion gurl~

Garment style: sleeveless muji tiered ruffle dress
Styled with: black puffy blouse, long socks, black shawl, fluffy tabby bag, and same-toned stiletto

DEUX.2.DUL.DUA

Again, like the first one, it's an old sew but I've never worn it out, yet. Sewed in 2017? See, I'm not even sure when it was lol ( ꈍ◡ꈍ) anyway, this is one of my favs! I meant, the colours and the style are loveeeee. I feel like a mermaid in this despite my puffy bloated face that day~
Garment style: boxy dress with ruffled hem
Styled with: black top and slack, black shawl, boxy bag, and black boots

TROIS.3.SET.TIGA

This was a repeat but for my childhood friend, so I don't mind cause no one there has seen me wearing it yet. You can see more details in this post for the full dress look but as usual of me, even am an outfit repeater, I'll style it differently every wear so it won't look the same~
Garment style: ruffle princess cut top + drop waistline skirt
Styled with: blue shawl, mini bakul, and ankle strap heels

QUATRE.4.NET.EMPAT

Okay okay, not one or two but three, THREE garments that I wore just recently were not made this year. That's good that it shows I didn't really make new garments every time, haha and I've been sewing and making clothes consciously so. This third outfit was ready in 2020 or 2021 like that. I made it together with the traditional Thai costume as this is also inspired by the Thai farang costume (if you are a Lakorn person, you'll know what it is).
Garment style: peplum with puffy bishop sleeve + instant batik pareo skirt
Styled with: black scarf, mini crochet bag, and slingback slippers

CINQ.5.DASEOT.LIMA

So, this is the garment that I didn't get to wear. it was so sparkly and as I guessed, it fits nicely with the timing and venue of the event. It's at night and in the dim-lighted hall! ahhhhh (,,>﹏<,,) the stylings are also sparkly sparkly like the outfit. Please do anticipate it maybe at the next event where I feel it is suitable for yeah. Do not forget about it~
Garment style: double-breasted suit + lacy cotton skants (skirt-pants)

SIX.6.YEOSEOT.ENAM

While listing this, I just realised I actually quite wear a lot of old sewn garments. I meant, this outfit, too, is not made this year. Woohoo! I'm a fashion-conscious and a slow fashion person. haha. Well, I wore this briefly for Eid in 2021 as we didn't go anywhere and just put it on for a photo and not even an official Eid outfit (it's the no TIGA one). Wore this one to another childhood friend's I knew since we were in Miri and also next to, Jakarta so yeah the pants is made of Sarawak's batik~ Watched Ghost Bride drama on Netflix and was soooo much inspired by their outfits hence this design was born. A bit of a Nyonya style~

Garment style: boxy two-toned kebaya with hand embroidered embellishments + 2in1 wrap batik pants
Styled with: black chiffon blouse, black scarf, mini bakul, and ankle strap heels

SEPT.7.ILGOB.TUJUH

Let's say hi again to an outfit repeater; me. Borrowed this from my mom briefly for a wedding of my friend a few years ago which I have no decent photo of it, then put it on again last November for a solemnization of my cousin. It was my mom's Eid outfit in 2015/2016 (?)  that I told you guys about the time we were the only one wearing black for Eid and people were looking at us weirdly like hey, fast forward to today, it's just a normal colour to wear for Eid haha. We're always ahead huh? I don't mind the size cause I like this kind of fit on me except that she's taller than me so I had to fold the skirt haha~ ⸜(。˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝

Garment style: long hanbok kebaya + lacy straight skirt
Styled with: black scarf, mini bakul, and mule

HUIT.8.YEODEOLB.LAPAN

And...lastly, this golden dress that the fabric I had for a while since 2019 but only recently turned into a simple dress to emphasize its texture. But to avoid being boring and not me, a long tie-yourself bow is added~ quite cute for a garden wedding, right? Luckily, I did a simple dress for this one as I had to work as a goodie girl haha.
.ewww I hate this pose cause it looks static but oh well haha.



















\/ this was my makeup look but minus the lenses which I edited in just for fun (cause look at the one below and the first one on top, it's just my real eyes) haha and the flower is to beautify my friend as my skin wasn't in its best condition that day. /\
Garment style: pleated gold dress with long ribbon
Styled with: gold shawl, mini golden bag, and ankle strap heels

-

Bonus: I made this from scratch to deco the car handles as our car was used to transport the bride. Should I take orders for these door flowers? ◝(ᵔᵕᵔ)◜
-

These were all the dreamy dresses I've had on this year, I think? Like do I have any other weddings attended earlier this year? But yeah, these are the highlighted ones if so ૮₍˃̵֊ ˂̵ ₎ა which one is your favourite out of all? Did you see the one I missed the chance to wear? I assure you that you'll love that outfit even more once you see it fully! This might be the last post for 2023 but we'll see... thank you to all of you for sticking around with me (and ddddstudio which we're still open for custom-made eid dress orders) this year and hope to see you in the new year post~

-끝-

Your fashion designer girl,
Dyna d Dayn,
(慧琳, 다이애나)

No comments :

Post a Comment