Roti Golok Kelik Kelate

Sunday, September 3, 2023

"Kita telah mendarat di Lapangan Terbang Sultan Ismail Petra..." announced in the flight I took two weeks ago. Yes, it might not be the exact words, but that was somehow like it haha. If you know where the airport is, you'll know where I spent my early holiday at, which we intentionally did to avoid the school holiday crowd. 
Hints given in the title and photo, it was an obvious one, too. 🤭 I used roti golok now since I used roti paung for my Terengganu trip previously so yeah~ I'm not quite sure what style am I going to post this in, like by days or by categories hmmm let's see~ *re-checking the photos*

Okay, I've decided to just post both styles in? hehe also before anyone gets curious why kelik kelate (meaning go back)? Well, my bloodlines consist of it, just don't make me start it and get into deeper explanations cause we have some mixtures of others, too. And, no, sorry I don't speak Kelantanese, I meant I don't know how 🙊👀

-

DAY I
Woke up super early then reached KLIA, checked in and just right in time for Subuh, and straight away got to the gate for boarding. We took the earliest morning flight so that we could spend more time there than wasting the day with just traveling~
Out and about in Kota Bharu (KB) around 1000 after picking up the rental car then straight for breakfast at Kopitiam Kita. Soon after, while waiting for hotel check-in time, decided to visit a relative nearby and since we were in the area, headed to Pantai Senok just for the sake of "I've been there" xD and since we're already around even though we knew it was an overrated place lol. It was scorching hot that afternoon, got ourselves a coconut shake (along with some snacks) that wasn't like a shake at all! Maybe they can call it coconut milk instead haha.

.the hotel displayed a lot of paintings and photos of the local landmarks and traditional things in the hallway of the rooms.
.the view from our rooms.
Psst, the quickest tourist place we've ever left is this one (the pantai), unfortunately, for some reason~ but you guys should go ahead and just check it out like I did~ We had a quick break there then it was time for the hotel. We checked in and had some rest till dinner time at 1800 where we ate at a Chinese-Muslim restaurant that was sooo fulfilling with the big portions they had! :o
.what's on the table? see next post hehe.
Oh, almost forgot about it~ We actually expected to see a wayang kulit show at the Gelanggang Seni but it was closed.? I meant every time we went there, it was always closed! Even double checked with the hotel receptionist about it though (they said available) and they also didn't know if it's still on or not? What a bad thing, they should've made it available since it's a local and traditional thing that tourists would be attracted to, some more if they're from overseas, right? So, we were left disappointed that night and just went to KB Mall and got some froyo lol.

.always our fav choice.
DAY II
Time to stroll around the town and being a true tourist, we went to the pasar to get some local kues that are hard to find in KL and museums again this time to show our lil brother cause he hasn't had the chance to do so before. Even though it's a repeat for us, it was still enjoyable minus the sun that shines super strong xD One of the reasons we went back to the museums, especially the Muzium Diraja Istana Batu is that we wanna see our family tree again (no photos allowed so couldn't show you guys here). Yeap, the royalty family tree... it was always confusing but this time we somehow figured it out a bit where we sit in the tree. Maybe if we go there again next time, it'll be clearer 👀

.some gula nise and candies.
There were quite a number of kue sellers here but we suspect that they have the same suppliers cause look, they sell almost the same thing haha 
.sotong bakar.
.look alike? 👀.
.another look-alike found haha.was searching for some old photos of my studio, coincidentally found this from our '16 trip.
A little bit about the '16 trip: came here with my older sisters just for the wedding of a dear friend of my 2nd sister, we had a return trip on the same day (earliest morning flight - last evening flight) so before going to the wedding, we had some time that we did visit the museums, too haha.
.the kues and nuts.
.the kues and nuts II.ok, the kuba guling and tepung gomak is to my liking.
.foi thong and friends hehe.
It was lunchtime and we thought of having a meal at Singgora but to our expectations again, we had no luck. It was fully booked by I'm not sure who but looks like founders thingy haha oopsie. The seats were limited so we changed our plan and headed to one of the cafes I listed to visit and it's The Layers. More details about the cafe soon in my next post focusing only on them kay. Btw, when we reached our hotel, the groups that reserved Singgora came in and lol looks like we're staying in the same place but we came a day earlier than them.
As for dinner, we went to a place recommended by people online that says their food is nice and almost as authentic for a Thai food~ wanna know the verdict? Do anticipate the cafes post yeah ✌🏻
DAY III
Went to a cafe that was like Starbucks for a quick breakfast called Nasken Coffee just in front of our hotel, before heading to a place on the outskirts of KB that somehow is related to us, which I think originated from Kelantan? Cause there were so many branches of them everywhere~ My sister, lil bro and I had pastries while my parents had a drink only since they ate at the hotel already.
Anddd finally I'm here at Taman Serendah Sekebun Bunga that I only saw in pictures when I did a fashion collection inspired by Cik Siti Wan Kembang in university~ it was a serene place full of trees and there was supposed to be a pond but it has dried off about two years ago, said the one who manages the place. 
.go and listen to the story of this place if you wanna know what this is and etc.
.top view of the elephant passage.
.front and bottom view.
.the green area is the lake that is now dried naturally.
It looks like there's little things to do, but we love hearing stories about it that we spent an hour plus there? It was very calming that some would have a picnic with their young kids there they said~

.si puteri.
Lol yeah, of course it's time for lunch again, right? So, this time what should you eat if you're in Kelantan? Of course, their ayam percik! Okay, at the thought of it, without my realisation, I swallowed my saliva. 🤤 It was.... hehe, just a teaser and I think you should've guessed what  I wanna say about the taste from my previous sentence. A reminder for my cafes post next!

.the art gallery beside the ayam percik place.
Since we had a quite heavy lunch at noon, we then decided to go for an ice-snacking instead of dinner. Went to a place nearby the pasar area for a cute, relaxing and icy vibe but....! 🤭
DAY IV
What???!!! It's the last day already? NOOOO,,,! Time flies when we enjoyed things but not when we're waiting. 😿 Anyway, my sister, lil bro and I didn't take our breakfast at the hotel again, then it's our last chance to go for a cafe listed in my list again and now now, it's a satisfying and good choice. Love it and it's just nearby our hotel~
Our flight is in the evening but we couldn't extend our rooms till 1500 as it was fully booked that day and we had to checked out early. Before that, we drived around the town (and to bazaar next to the pasar for some local kain for me to make dresses but nothing catches me) after the breakfast and went to another cafe famous for its tarts for some take out, head back and waited for a while at the hotel lobby before saying goodbye to it. 
.the paiting on the way to musholla at the hotel.
We got so much time to kill but got nowhere to go. The cafes we wanted to go chill was out of parking so we had no choice but head straight to the airport. We reached the airport at 1430? and our flight was like in 5 more hours! haha. The place was full of tourists waiting to check-in their luggages, too and so it's finally time to move to the boarding area. Luckily, a convenient store was there that we bought snacks and ice-creams while waiting~
Ah, another thing is we actually went to a so-viralled stall selling roti golok to buy and bring some home before wandering looking for places to chill. Nothing special though, I thought they're gonna sell the roti in different flavours and I only specially favoured their donut golok more as it's plain and no butter on top (I think it's not even butter, maybe it's margerine).
-

Landed at KLIA back at 2045 and had some dinner there so we can just go home and take a shower and sleep! haha. It was a tiring day full of waiting but it ended beautifully. Now, I wanna go take a flight again...! Where should we go next? Would this be a preview? haha. Hope you enjoyed reading my fast-paced story on my Kelate holiday.

*we actually planned to go to Hatyai from KB but it took quite a long time from there compare to from the north, so we cancelled the plan. Maybe next time? 

-끝-

The not so Kelate girl,
Dyna d Dayn,
(慧琳, 다이애나)

No comments :

Post a Comment