Kenangan Terindah~

Monday, July 31, 2023

As I started to play my NDSi back recently (like fi...nally I found games that can be played with the current updated version hee), I was reminded of our home of 5 years by the status I made myself on it right after we got back here for good Y.Y Never have I ever forgotten it, and it will always be my favourite memory even with all those macets!

psst: Yeah, the title refers to Samsons' Kenangan Terindah but not the song lyrics, if you get me? haha just the title which is related to my post today.

Why do I miss Ascott though? Like isn't it just a hotel?? Yeah, it is one, and I, too, can't believe that we made a home out of a hotel and stayed there like a normal house? Well, there were a few other families like us from the Philippines, Singapore, and Brunei who also stayed as long-stay guests, if that makes sense~ So, every time people asked, where do we live, we'd always said Bundaran H.I, meaning Bundaran Hotel Indonesia (Hotel Indonesia Roundabout) where the Selamat Datang monument is located and surrounded by hotels.

.this is the bundaran with the monument taken on our trip there in 2018.
psst: H.I. pronounced as ha-ee as in how Indo's alphabets sound~ 

We were also actually offered and given choices to stay at Somerset or a bungalow in Pondok Indah but we liked Ascott the best, so yeah... Pondok Indah is in Jaksel (Jakarta Selatan/ South Jakarta) where I went to school to, while Ascott is in Jakpus (Jakarta Pusat/ Central Jakarta) so we even used the highway to get to school lol. I think I better make another post for it, and that's if you guys wanna hear more about it as how you guys were so interested to know about my stay. Or I shall make this a series of my life there? Let's see how it'll be 👀

Back in Ascott, it was a very enjoyable stay for sure. With all the facilities we got to use, only that we went to the gym less often as we'd do in our current ages if we are still there, cause why would a primary and just-turned lower secondary school kids go there right? It was time to just enjoy our child-life to the most first haha but we sure swam and played at the playground a lot~ We do play tennis at times, too since we were in a tennis club at school.

Ah! Another good thing was that we got to have the hotel breakfast every day haha even with some bakes of theirs that were sometimes disappointing 🤭 but I kinda miss them! How ironic is that right? People won't appreciate it until it's gone haha. With the daily breakfast, comes the room service anytime we wanted to have it or are lazy to go eat out on the weekend, that's definitely a saviour! (Minus the superb food delivery service from their own restaurants that Indo had before Gojek food exists.) The room service was even provided for FREE during Ramadhan... how easy, isn't it? They'll be knocking on our door every night just to send us their choice-of the-day meals for sahoor.

Now, that's totally why it was one of my best memories to be kept in my mind. There are more I'm sure, but is that all for today's post? hehe maybe as I wrote earlier, I might share more of these best memories with you all when I feel like it~

-

"Panggilan buat Pak Yono, Pak Yono..." etc. Oh, just right before I'm wrapping this up. I remembered us siblings, loving to mimic the guards in the lobby calling our driver who is at the parking basement to pick us up. haha such good times~ 

Okay, just one more thing! Really, jinjja, beneran! We loved going to the mini-mart that is located nearby the lobby just to get some snacks or even pulsa (phone credit). Talking about it, I forgot to let you know that Ascott is surrounded by malls, Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia, and Thamrin City. We'd often go to those malls to eat, shop, and spend some free time of course with access to bioskop. xD

.gifted with these cutie bears on our last day (D-1) by the GM but was still otw back from school so parents received it for us.

-끝-

Your used-to-be Jakardah gurl,
Dyna d Dayn,
(慧琳, 다이애나)

No comments :

Post a Comment