Eid and Eat.

Saturday, May 15, 2021

"Kia!!! Kia!!!" that was the first few words I had in the early Eid morning on Thursday. I heard a weird but somehow familiar noises as I got up to make my bed and help prepare. As well as I've braced myself and still getting surprised, I saw something under the room door and I kept calling my sister till my eldest sister came from the kitchen and open the door. 

It's again a baby bat. Yeap, you read it right. A bat. That made me no longer sleepy and quite energized but weak legs haha. Cause I've never imagine that it can reach and be in my room, where I felt it's kinda a safe place when they came in previously. Last Ramadhan, a baby bat also sneaked in to our house and since I can remember living here, they've come in for a few times. So, that's how I started my Eid. How's yours?

-

Now, as usual some Eid food photos and all. Note that, we did not take proper Eid portraits cause the youngest isn't here and also our official chosen colour for this year is another colour but we made it to black, white and gray last minute. We had this theme (black grey) about 3 or 4 years ago ?? and we got stares as it's weird to wear black for Raya that time but now I see a lot of them in my timeline are in this colour. So, did we just set the trend again? hehe. By that, we just take whatever we have that matches to at least be taken for unofficial ones. We'll take official ones when we're complete. 

My older sister's and my own were from our last year's Eid collection. I meant we made 2 designs (well, 3 for me) for last year, so yeah let's just wear it this year. As for our mom's, I just made it this year so it's a new one cause it's a yearly routine for her to request 3 different designs. haha. 

Cotam is so in sync this year. lol but we did put him in his Eid clothes too but just for a while. Wait for his photo in it, yeah. Keep scrolling (and reading) down. He's actually not well but as we were getting ready for the photos, he came in voluntarily to be in the photos as usual. hehe. Let's give him some loves, kay?

.with the boys.
. frere et soeur, complete 5 + cotam + niece.
.opa, oma and the zaras.




Make way forrrr *drum rolls*..... the food! Oh btw, because maknae (youngest) isn't here, mom decided to 'not cook'. But let's see what she meant by 'not cooking', yeah. 

MAIN MENU includes day I to III
+ Nasi minyak ganu with gulai darat*, beef rendang, acar* and sambal
+ Rojak betik*
+ Ketupat with daging hitam
+ Fried pasta
+ Leper*
+ Satay and nasi impit* with kuah kacang
and LOTS OF DESSERTS
+ Talam ubi
+ 2 flavours of kek batik
+ Kole kacang*
+ Panna cotta
+ Tapai pulut*
+ uncountable flavours of lapis sarawak
+ Cream puff cake
+ Apam kuah ganu*
+ Tomato chiffon cake
+ Orange buttercake
+ Walnut pie
+ Patjuk (korean dessert)
.shown on photos are only the first day's there are more flavours for second and third.
DRINKS
+ Subak (watermelon) punch
+ Infused water with grapefruit, lemon and applemint
See, this is the 'not cooking' menu of my mom. haha. And yeah the desserts are totally a lot!
psst: * means I'm either not sure of the real name or the spelling haha

THE SETUP
.lights off.
.lights on.
.mom made this last minute, so cute right.
ahhh not to forget THE COOKIES and snacks
+ 20 flavours of cookies? wait, I think mom baked more than that even though we were busy with customers' cookies order  
The foods usually marks the end of my post. Isn't it? Or? I don't know haha. It's been some time since I last write. I rarely blog this year unlike last year hmm. Special gift for ya~ \/ \/ same place, different year, different outfit and device haha. I've just finished playing piano with the sheets on my iPad so it's the closest with me, lazy me to take my phone anddd so selfie with the iPad happened. haha

Bonus:
.ahhh, I still even got braces in this photo, haha.
 -끝-

Minal Aidin Wal Faidzin,
Dyna d Dayn,
(慧琳, 다이애나)

No comments :

Post a Comment