Fashion Reenact with D.

Saturday, October 9, 2021

Hello lovely readers,
I'm back again to write to you guys... okay, this post relates much to my life, my title career, and also my likes. It's about fashion. Relates too much right? Hehe

So, here's how it goes... I found a photo of my mom and aunt in the old album like a few years back but only had the time to realize it this year, last month? I'm actually attracted to the clothes they're wearing in the photo. 

Without hesitation, I said, "I need to make it one for me!". And yes, now I finally have one of each design but of course, I made some modifications to fit my style so... it's not gonna be totally 100% similar (this is for sure cause the fabric used is also different already haha xD).

Time for the fashion show~
.comparison photo.left: my mom.right: my aunt.

*mind if the photo is a bit blurry, I did some croppings here and there also some patchings and stuff plus the filter for some vibe heee

Kebaya Suria 
+ changed the length of the top
+ added the pin ribbons in exchange for the belted ribbon and put it on the elbow part, too (I crocheted them one by one then make them as pins, so they're removable)
+ changed the side pleated skirt of my mom's to just a ruffled skirt

Kurung Kedah Aspa
+ made it to my fav kurung Kedah silhouette
+ top hemline not as sharp as original
+ change the keyhole-like neckline to a tie-yourself bow 
+ my aunt's skirt was a side slit straight skirt if I'm not mistaken (based on what was seen from the photo) so changed it to a simple side fold skirt (the basic kurung's skirt)

.look at the reflection for the effort for self-capture haha.

What I love about Kebaya Suria?
I love how it turned out! I meant the pattern was quite perfect since it's not too tight nor too loose on my body plus I'm satisfied with my handmade bows hehe. Psst, I actually didn't fancy making kebaya cause it's a bit complex but I liked it that it came out nicely. The fabric colour was also cute! Totally transformed it into my style. Also, if you guys know me and my mom, can definitely tell the characteristics of our dresses. You'll see these similar ones in a few of our designs. Mom's definitely with her bows and pleats haha.


What I love about Kurung Kedah Aspa?
Everything, too like Kebaya Suria. Well, who made it from scratch? haha, pardon me. Also, it hides my insecurity (ya know my S bone) and I can definitely eat freely in this one lol. Oh, I forgot to snap a photo of the back part but I did add a pleat at the back so there's more space than just a straight top. It expands (?) urghh Idk how to say it haha hopefully you guys get me. Another plus point is that the fabric is in black. I love black and for someone who sweats, this definitely blinds it out. xD

-

Okay, so actually I bought this fabric while hunting for my Eid fabrics...every Eid fabric shopping, there'll be extra ones so as not to waste it or just leave it there for nothing, I decided to make it into these. So, how do you like it? :) Lemme know if you have any other suggestions for the modifications that you'd think would work, too.

psst: This trend is back again lately; the 90s or retro-vintage style. Sometimes, it feels like they were much more advanced than us with the trends and we're back to it, haha but yeah I'm sooo loving the styles. Ya know me, don't you?

Psst-psst: I've received words saying they're really inspired by me for my fashion things and also for my creations... to those of you, again you made my day and I'll always remember it especially means a lot for my career journey. Here's a heart for you. ♥️ ♥️ oops that's two haha.

-끝-

Your designer girl,
Dyna d Dayn,
(慧琳, 다이애나)

No comments :

Post a Comment